This system provides an online mechanism for requesting Lecture Theatre and Meeting Room bookings in the Department of Engineering at the Trumpington Street site and at the the Institute for Manufacturing (IfM) on the West Cambridge site.
All other buildings are managed locally and contacts can be found here.
Organising an event
If you are organising an event or a conference, you may find it useful to consult this best practice checklist for diversity and inclusion.
Booking a venue
How to Book
Step 1: Click on a time slot in the booking sheets referenced below and fill in the requested information on the screen thus presented and click save once complete. (Please remember to include set up and clearing within your booking time)
Step 2: Check your email for provisional room reservation details.
Step 3: The administrator will either confirm the booking or delete it if it is not appropriate for the room being requested or there is some other problem which means that it cannot be accepted. In both cases you will receive further email instruction.
For all bookings Out of Hours (Monday – Friday 17.00 – 23.00 & Saturday – Sunday 08.00 – 20.00) & for all External Client bookings, Step 4 below must be completed before the booking can be confirmed.
Step 4: Complete and return in a timely fashion the Event Planning Form so the Administrator can assess the booking before confirmation.
Please note that all bookings are provisional until an email confirmation from the Administrator is received.
Below are links to the booking sheets for the available areas:
The AV Support pages give details of the capacity and AV functionality of our lecture theatres, lecture rooms and meeting rooms.
Tips for navigating the booking sheets:
- At the bottom of each booking sheet there are links to weekly and monthly views (one room at a time) as alternatives to the default daily view of all the rooms in the area.
- The title bar on every page contains a link back to this page, the “Booking System Index” link.
- More detailed help is available via the title bar “Help” link.
Considerations and notes
- Anyone in the University with a Raven account can request a Lecture Room or IfM booking but only members of the Department can book Trumpington Street Site Meeting Rooms.
- There are charges to cover costs for bookings not relating to University business.
- We cannot take Lecture Theatre bookings more than a Term in advance (i.e. this Term and next Term only) as our timetabled teaching requirements are not finalised any sooner.
- Not all Meeting Rooms have disabled access and there are varying facilities available in different rooms; please see the AV Support pages for details.
- Map of lecture theatres and meeting rooms (Raven login required)
- A booking is not valid until it has been confirmed, bookings listed as unconfirmed are only provisional.